3 years ago
March 03, 2009
it's day 10 around here...
We have fresh Amish Bread/Cake... It's too yummy and sweet to call "bread."
And bags of starter to give away...
It's one of our favorite days!! Baking day is fun. The house smells delicious. We were all craving Amish Bread and had been waiting for days for "day 10" to get here. I've got to get back to the store... we used the last of the sugar and the flour is getting low. Obviously we've been keeping starter going and making lots of goodies!! The recipe instructs us to leave the bread in the pan for a few minutes before turning onto a plate. Today we couldn't wait! The cake was so hot it was steaming... I almost burned my tongue on the first bite!! But oh, oh, oh... was it good. Anyone need a starter? I might have one available... if not this week then in 10 days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I made my Amish bread with chocolate pudding and chocolate chips. Yuuuuumy!
ReplyDeleteI would love a starter...not everyone will say that. I had it going before we moved and we got burned out.
ReplyDeleteGot any left? picking up from Rudder at 3:45 - could easily swing by your house!
ReplyDelete