The first day of school she wore leggings and a cute little shirt. When we picked her up that afternoon she asked if she could wear short pants the following day because it was really hot waiting outside to be picked up at the end of the day. And then she turned around and asked if she was allowed to bring a sweater to school. Apparently it is freezing in the cafeteria!
When putting her to bed Monday night she asked, “Momma, will you walk me in again tomorrow?” She has had a hard time missing me during the day. Breaks my ever-loving heart… Mrs. J has noticed her looking sad and when asked she says, “I just miss my Mom.”
SuperGirl made two friends this week, Raven and Skyler. They noticed she was trembling in class (nerves) and asked if she was okay. I think they’ll look out for her.
Tuesday morning she came out wearing lipstick… so she’d look pretty for school.
That night when putting her to bed she told me, “I really missed you today. I feel like I’m crying on the inside.”
By Thursday the class was into their routines and she told me she was going to tutoring the following day. We knew she would need some extra help getting acclimated to how they do things and writing faster, reading faster/better, and just figuring out the new setting in general. It was at this time that she told me there was a girl making fun of her for writing and doing everything slow. I wanted to go wring that little girl’s neck but assured SuperGirl that she would speed up as time went on and to not worry about other people.
Friday morning I was thrilled to see her smile as she got out of the car. She spotted a friend and they walked in to the school together.
I cried almost every morning this week. Summer was with me every morning as I dropped off SuperGirl so I would keep it together until I left the high school. Both of these girls have made me so proud this week. They are smart, beautiful, brave, strong girls… I hope they realize that! It’s just so obvious that they are growing up so fast and time is so fleeting… it’s really been in my face this week. I’ve been on my knees praying for them… for so many things… emotionally I’m drained. But I’m also at peace knowing we’ve made the right decision for them and they are right where they need to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment